Friday 19 April 2013

Let's go to the beach...


So another week is nearly upon me and I am one week closer to my first final year exam. Before we even had a chance to take off our winter coats the much anticipated days of ‘summer’ is nearly upon us.  An exciting season for most, but for us Irish especially the younger population summer means going on the ever so popular J1, going inter-railing or holidays: anywhere to catch a glimpse of the sun’s rays.

Every year the sun forgets about this emerald green isle which causes us to chase it to the sunnier side of the world. Back in the old days (Yes I have just uttered those line’s) summer for me and my siblings consisted of playing in the river beside our house, running around outside until it was dark, heading to the beach and a 99 ice cream cone (which ironically cost’s 1.80 nowadays).  

Sun holiday’s where not part of my family’s summer, it was something that we never did but I don’t feel that I missed out on anything. But as I grow older the urge to ‘leave on a jet plane’ grew and last summer I was working full time and I went away twice: at the beginning of the summer to Tenerife and a ten day holiday in august to Majorca with a group of my friends.





    







So as summer 2013 is slowly approaching it only made sense to grab a few of the girls and head somewhere sunny, it’s our final hurrah (doubtful it will be the last) to Magaluf. EEEKKK!  





With only 7 weeks to go I can’t wait to go holiday shopping (my Want Worthy list is growing everyday) and just have a good time with the girls! Speaking of which were off to the beach now for a walk, in the words of  my two favorite bloggers, Zoella and Sprinkle of Glitter (and someone called Nicki Minaj);

"LET'S GO TO THE BEACH EACH LET'S GO GET AWAY, THEY SAY WHAT THEY GONNA SAY HAVE A DRINK CLINK FOUND A BUD LIGHT, BAD BITCHES LIKE ME ARE HARD TO COME BY"


X







No comments:

Post a Comment