East-side Gallery, Berlin Wall, 2014.
I have just finished repeating my Leaving Cert (something I'll never regret...)
I am all packed up and moving to Galway to live with complete strangers.
If I knew the things that I know now back then, would I do it again?
Well honestly, probably, but with some small changes that is.....(see point 4.....)
Dear 2010 Sinéad,
This is future Sinéad here to give you some warnings for your time in college. It's 2016 and yes you started a blog. Yes, your still single and no THAT thing your thinking, that never happened, MOVE ON. Anyways on to the more important stuff.....
1.STOP!! EATING!! PIZZA!! THE FRESHERS 15 EXISTS. It will be the last time you are a size 8 and you thought you were fat then HA you haven't seen anything yet.
2. Never. EVER. EVER. drink Tesco own brand vodka, it will scar you for life.
3.Stop beating yourself up for not getting enough points for Journalism (you get the masters in it eventually!)
4.do NOT have a boyfriend in college. *I REPEAT DO NOT HAVE A BOYFRIEND IN COLLEGE* it may seem like a good idea at the time, but you will regret it almost immediately. avoid at all costs.
5. You'll meet a rude boy called Eoin. Laugh at his fat jokes the first day you meet him, he will be your bestie in college and you'll need him. In-fact you still put up with him six years on....
6. You'll get evicted in third year. it won't be your fault. but Clare will egg the neighbours house for the both of ye.
7. Failing an exam does NOT make you a failure. It teaches you a lesson.
8. Appreciate Galway more: the city, go explore, take more photos of it, don't follow the crowd, go somewhere different to everyone else.
9. BUY AN ALARM CLOCK!!
10. You'll be a class rep in third year. and you'll be very very very shit at it. (but you get a free hoodie)
11. Your doing a degree that deals with politics, LISTEN IN CLASS AND LEARN ABOUT IRISH POLITICS, IT MATTERS.
12. Some of the friends that you are friends with in first year, ya they don't exist in your life anymore. They actually won't even be your friends in second year, you can blame Rachel for that one.....
13.DO A FECKING J1! You'll regret it foreva-eva...
14. That McCanns girl from Sligo you had to sit beside on the bus to Galway with that one time and talked the whole way too, ya chat to her more, shes your bestie now...
and finally, enjoy every minute. it goes by too fast.