Monday 22 April 2013

"This diamond has so many carats it's almost a turnip"


                                      “Costume jewelry is not made to give women an aura of wealth,
                                                          but to make them beautiful” - Coco Chanel 


So in my usual fashion of do everything BUT study I decided to tackle the mess that is was my Jewellery box. Someone gave my mum a gift set of smelly showery essentials and I was left with the box. I don't know what I did before I got this box because it contains it all, in one tangled messed up pile and it has a clasp so i can lock it up if I'm taking it anywhere.

I go through my fazes. One minute I don't wear any Jewellery on my arms or ears, just one or two rings. The next I have twenty billion (slight over exaggeration)  teeny bracelets shoved on one arm. So as I was cleaning them and un-tangling them I decided to take some photo's to show what kind of Jewellery I had.   


                                                                               "A la mess"

"I wear my heart on my sleeve"

"Present, heart, twenty-one, awkward turtle"


                                                            "So little time, so much to do"

                                                                       "Gold and Silver"

Statement Necklaces are a key item to have in everyone's jewelerry collection. These three I picked up from Penny's (Primark). The two gold ones were around 5 euro which the shoe horse silver necklace I got for 3 euro.  

"Charmed I'm sure"

These four charm bracelets are oldies but goodies. The one on the far right is my mothers and she had it when she was a little girl. I think it is amazing that it was still kept and it has the most random little charms, there was one I couldn't figure out for ages but I soon realized he was part of the Disney community, it was Donald ducks head(!?). I tried to get a photo but as it was so small it wouldn't focus properly.  

"Heart to Heart"




"Kiss me"

"Ring-a-ding-ding"



"You can always tell what kind of a person a man really thinks you are by the earrings he gives you"
                                                                                                                                               Audrey Hepburn

So that is all the bits and bobs I had lying around in that box. There was some random pieces but I thought I would keep it to the plain and simple ones. 
I can't wait to hit Penny's (Primark) and River Island for my holiday bit's. I plan on buying a lot more statement necklaces, rings and little simple bracelets to get me through the summer. 

(also random fact, in the USA they spell it Jewlery, while in the UK it's Jewellery. I am from neither and I call it the latter, oh well!!

Happy Monday!

X    


2 comments:

  1. spoilt for choice. i am the exact same, sometimes i wear none and then i get the jewellery bug back. and i think it's back thanks to your post. lol. great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment :) every since I got my pandora for my 21st I have just been wearing it but defiantly getting back into the love of jewellery as summer is approaching :)

    X

    ReplyDelete