I have been alive for 24 years.
I was / still am not happy about how OLD I AM.
But there is literally nothing on this earth that I can do to change it.
I 'celebrated' my birthday and I use this term loosely because instead I mourned the fact that I had aged a whole year with nothing to really show for it.
I often wonder at what age will I loose the feeling like I am wandering around aimlessly looking for the right answers and the right direction.
I am classified as a young adult. and I couldn't be further from the truth.
So instead of me rambling on about how sad I am about the fact that I turned 24.
Here are some things that I have realised in my 24 years on this planet.
- Self respect is extremely important
- Sometimes who you were friends with a year ago, five years ago, ten years ago might not be who you are friends with now and it is OKAY. People grow apart.
- Save some sort of money. even if it's only a tenner once a month.
- Surround yourself with people of similar interests because if they don't understand you how do you expect to understand yourself?
- If a guy is emotionally, physically or verbally abusive, GET OUT.
- Don't share everything about yourself on social media.
- It is okay to still have no idea what you want to do with your life.
- Travelling is one of the greatest things you will ever get to do. do it more.
- Take photos often and of the things you love.
- Do what you love, screw what anyone thinks of you
- staying in doing nothing is the new going out. content AF!
- Not everything is meant to work out. Sometimes things end.
- Your friends don't always have your best interests at heart
- Don't be so hard on yourself. your doing your best.
- STOP comparing yourself to other people: everyone is at different stages of their lives.
- Not every action needs a reaction!
- Stop planning things around friends, if you want to do something THEN DO IT!
- Don't be afraid to make the first move
- Also delete tinder its not good for you.
- Spend time at home, your family is important: don't take it for granted.
- Appreciate your parents more: they're not here forever.
- Same goes for your grandparents. Put down your phone and spend time with them.
- Make effort with friends who are drifting apart, but also remember it's not all down to you.
- and finally stop taking what you have for granted, others would kill to have what you have.