Friday 14 October 2016

Want to know my secret to a balanced lifestyle?




So you probably came here thinking I had some holy grail answer but I'll tell you honestly that I have nothing. No answers to the 'balanced lifestyle' that people talk about these days.
 But what I can offer you is a list of what I do and how I still remain more unbalanced then an ash-tray on a motorbike! 


So on the daily I am popping vitamins B & C  tablets from Holland & Barrett every morning in a bid to:

A- Get more energy
B-Keep away any sickness
C-Because the man in the shop advised me that those where the ones I needed when I begged him: "Please give me something to stop me being so tired." 

I drink more green tea than is actually required and at least two liters of water a day. 
My meals are healthy-ish, with a fine mixture of chocolate to help balance out those greeeens. 

(I promise this is not a post about me bragging about how class I am.....)

But yet to no avail after a 8-9 hour sleep I still wake up EXHAUSTED! Maybe it's too much sleep? Or maybe it's the fact that I have to sit in front of a computer from 9.30am to 5.30pm everyday? I don't drink coffee because I can't stand the taste but I'm beginning to think I need a fix of it lately.

Then there's the 'social life' aspect: 

Last weekend I refrained myself from going out because I was exhausted and couldn't justify having a two day hangover with a busy week ahead. 



So on Saturday night I went to bed at half ten and slept until 9 the next morning but yet there comes Monday morning and I feel as if I spent the whole weekend partying when in-fact I stayed in and watched Winning Streak with the rentals (and I wonder why I'm single....)

I probably should have endured the two day hangover but you know what sometimes it's nice to wake up in your own bed on a Sunday instead of a random couch, floor, bathroom...and god knows where else. 



Now throw in the exercise, by the time I have come home from work, made dinner it is well after 7, the nights are dark I'm tired but last night I dragged my fat ass out the door and ran and walked and then ran some more and then walked.....

All I'm saying is, there is no balance, there is routine to some extent but no balance, its hard to fit work, friends, exercise, socializing, your hobbie, god love you if ya have a boyfriend not sure where they would fit into the equation. 

But I don't have the answer to it all, the last year I have been going going going and I feel like lately I may burn out. The masters, working, the thesis, then straight into a new experience and not to mention the fact that I am torn between houses, with no real place or space to call my own just yet. 
But hopefully that changes soon and it will mean I can get into a proper routine. 

As I write this I have yawned about 50 times, I'm off to lie on my bed for a few hours and read. 
No phone. No laptop. Just a very tired girl. 


X



No comments:

Post a Comment