Saturday 31 December 2016

2017 dreamzz

It's soon about to be a New Year and this marks the last blog post of 2016!

I'm going to set myself some goals for this year so that on January 1st 2018 I can look back and see what I have or have not achieved (here's hoping I've ticked them all off.) 

When New Years looms around each year I usually tend to avoid it; not just the night out and counting down to 12 but the whole idea of celebrating a New year because usually I'm mourning the loss of one. But for once in my life I am excited for what the New Year has to bring; the night out and all, it's the first year in a long long time that I haven't been working and even though I'll be surrounded by my friends who are all in couples, it's time to to grab the new year by the reigns and sure the Jager bomb in my hand will have to suffice as a kiss come midnight! It's been a rough year for the world and I don't think I need to mention what low's there was as each and every one of us watched a number of them unfold, but here's to the new year.  
Good bye sweet '16.
Fitness: It wouldn't be a "New Year, New Me" blog post without jumping on the fitness band wagon, but in all seriousness I am sick of having a hate/hate relationship with my body. I have struggled the last number of months with my weight, I'm not sure what happened (food happened sinead and lot's of it) I just couldn't get control, but I'm finally getting my ass in gear. I know I can do it and I'm actually looking forward to making it happen. With my best friends wedding looming in August, I don't fancy being rolled down the aisle beside 3 other bridesmaids and more importantly even I want to get fitter for my own health and I need to ditch this bad path I'm headed down ASAP.  I want to look back on my 20's and think yes I was happy with my shape and not regret it. So watch this space I'm sure I'll document my progress at some stage. 

Moving Out: Not so much a big step, it's not like I've never done it before, but it is something I have wanted to do for a while since I moved back from Limerick to Sligo in September. While I am grateful for my parents help and my aunts help I need to make this next step for my own sanity if nothing else. So making FA money and paying rent, I don't know how I'll do it. But I need a space I can call my own, instead of living out of a suitcase (Dramatic much Sinéad?). I've moved into a space along with two other crazy cats and I can't wait to see where it goes, even though both of them will be leaving me for Australia in a few months, but we'll cross that bridge when it comes to it.  

Moving Away: Possibly one of the biggest steps I will (hopefully) make towards the end of this year. The Graduate Visa is something that has been on my mind since I finished college in 2013. I never bothered attempting to make the move until I had my masters done, so fast forward 3 years later in 2016 with my Masters completed, I'm giving myself until roughly September 2017 to make the big move stateside. Location: "New York, New York, it's a hell of a town." The dream of being a fashion Journalist is something I've had on my mind for quiet a while. So with several months left ahead of me I hope to gain as much experience in my local paper and doing freelance work. I'm aware of how hard New York will be, and how expensive. I do realise I am not Blair Waldorf, nor do I aspire to leave on the Upper East Side swanning around like Serena Van Der Woodsen but it's my first and last chance to give it a go and I'm willing to slum it in the big bad New York world to make it happen.  

Career Goals: This is going to be a tough, but fun one. The reason why I am so desperate to go to America is so when I move back home I will have some serious (fingers crossed) experience under my belt and on my CV.  So the next few months before I even leave I want to smash a few goals, and one of those includes starting a fashion series on my blog. There are so many blogs out there now with some serious great content and I know there is a lot of work involved. It is something I have wanted to do for the last year but in all honesty I have never had the balls to do. Yes terrified of what people would think of me plus the fact I dress pretty causal most of the time. But it is something I have wanted to do for so long, and I'm working on changing that and hoping to start it up this year. It's been four years that I have spent writing in this blog and not much has ever come of it, I plan on being more consistent, better content, better photography and regular uploads to help get this blog where I want it to be. So that is going to involve me being organised in 2016 I had only 25 blog posts, that is roughly on average of two post a month which was a bit of a fail on my behalf. So here's to the next 12 months and hopefully doubling the work load blog wise. Work wise I plan on doing more freelance work to broaden my CV and to learn as much as I can from working in my local paper. It's an exciting year and I can't wait for it to start. 

Hobbies: Investing in a new hobbie; photography. I love the feel of a camera in my hands and I just want to take as many photos in 2017 as a possibly can. First off: Buy a camera Secondly: Learn how to use it properly. Running is also a new hobbie, while I know it may seem like a strange one, but after spending 8 weeks doing couch to 5K I found that I enjoyed the social aspect of running every Wednesday and can't wait to start it again next week and see how far I progress in 6 weeks!  

So whatever you spend tonight doing, with loved ones, friends or families, or even on your own (me last year thanks to work), know that whatever bad things have happened in 2016, they are going to be left behind. It's a new year and at the rate these years are flying by we need to make the most of them.

I have so many dreams for 2017 and I plan on making it the best year yet. Make sure to watch this space, you haven't seen anything yet! 

x





                                              [All photos belong to me unless otherwise stated.]


No comments:

Post a Comment