Tuesday 14 June 2016

Rambles.


“I’d like to have money. And I’d like to be a good writer. These two can come together, and I hope they will, but if that’s too adorable. I’d rather have money. I hate almost all rich people, but I think I’d be darling at it.” - Parker.  


The guide! I’ve lost it, I think. Yes I have defiantly lost it. I had it once but I didn’t think time would go so fast and that I would need it so soon. I mean there has to be more than one copy of it. Everyone else knows what is going on so I mean I could borrow someone else’s, theirs, yours? Just let me write down a few notes from it, a few guidelines, I mean that’s what it is intended to do, to guide you! We’re all in this together, fair enough some of us won’t make it to the end but the majority of us will get to the other side of it, unscathed, a few scars to help tell the tale but most importantly we will be at the other side. 
Wiser….?
“Oh I’m sorry I didn’t see you there. Could you just step to the side there I’m just trying to find,…AH HHA!! YES I got it”. “No wait” *inaudible groan* “The end is missing, come here show me yours” Yes YOURS hey come back HEY SHARING IS CARING!

(the above is a random exert from a random rambling writing session a year ago saved in the many unseen folders that exist on my laptop)


I think that so far my ‘twenties’ have been exciting enough for me to be able to document certain aspects of it and make it a somewhat enjoyable read, but not that exciting that Suki Waterhouse is fighting to play the role of me in the film of my life. I am just an average lady. Lady being the operative word. I am an average female who is both a sister, an aunt, a friend and to others a cunt.
But hey you can’t be everyone’s cup of tea and throughout the years I have learned that the hard way. Oh well you win some and you lose some. 

I heard a saying....well sorry that’s a bit ‘old school’ heard? In this day and age! HA no I read on a post on Instagram where someone had filtered the shit out of the words, that nothing ruins your twenties like thinking you should have your shit together by now. Well I am most defiantly at that stage right now, a quarter life crisis I hear people calling it? I fear that my twenties will be as confusing as the whole year of my twenty two-ness was. Shooting aimlessly for the dark abyss that is our thirties. I am not going to tell you that you will figure stuff out. Because I haven’t a clue what I am doing either. I keep thinking to myself once I have my education sorted that every other piece of my life will fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. I have a five year plan that is all starting to take place. Would you like to hear it?

(Berlin Wall, August 2014: Sinead Healy)

1. Graduate my Masters
2. Become a somewhat decent Journalist.
3. Move to New York  in September 2017 for a few months/a year and write to my hearts content.
4. Find someone who will travel the world with me, be that a friend or someone else. 
5. Live in Thailand, Australia, Croatia for some period of time.
6. Travel. Travel. Travel. 


Wither all of this takes place or not I will be sure to let you know. 
But the urge to wander around the world not knowing where I am going next seems a lot more 
appealing than wandering around Ireland feeling that same feeling. 



stress-fully yours, 

Sinead


  


No comments:

Post a Comment