Tuesday 21 June 2016

Boys as friends, and boys as boyfriends.

B  
  
  
s

.    
.
.
.

They are the ones responsible for a lot of girl's anguish.
.
.


Boys. Men. whatever you wanna call them, what-ever one you have, or had. They don't realize the power that they can hold. One word can crush your feelings. one word can make you feel on top of the world. I haven't cried over a boy in a VERY VERY long time.

Thankfully. 


.
.

But when you have to watch a friend cry over one, it brings back all the same feelings;why doesn't he like me, why can't he text back, why does he only be himself when we're drunk or hungover, why can't he send one text to let me know where I stand, why can't he see I like him, why can't he like me back. why am I not good enough for him
.

why why why why why?

If I could tell my younger self one thing it would be to never let a man make me feel two inches tall. While you can have your happiest moments with them, they shouldn't be your source of happiness. 

Relying on someone wither it's a man or woman whomever it may be to make you smile in a day is not healthy.  
Sadly some people can't see past this and are not happy being alone. I sound bitter but rest assured I am not, I have just watched many friends be sucked into 'relationship world'. 

I am a person who is thankfully quiet content in my lonesomeness. 
Its not lonely, its being own my own. and there is a difference. 




R.E.S.P.E.C.T


It took a few years to find out what it means to me (geddit) and not to settle in relationships for the sake of it when at the end of the day there was no respect for me or no respect from themselves. Settling for drunken kisses when sober they wouldn't make the effort. 

At the age of 24 I have learned that kissing all of the frogs may not necessarily get you your prince and believe me I have kissed all of them frogs. 

So as per I'm just stating some obvious facts, having to listen to my friends talk about boy troubles, especially some of the younger ones I want to shake their pretty heads and tell them that the world is their oyster and that there is PLENTY more fish in the sea! The boy you like now who isn't texting you back won't matter in 12 month and you'll be kicking yourself for wasting time on them. But it is something that they and you have to find out on your own. 


just please remember you survived before them and you will sure as hell survive after they go. 


yours, 

Sinéad

No comments:

Post a Comment