Thursday 22 August 2013

"If at first you don't succeed, apply more lipstick

It has been ages since I have wrote anything on this. I have had many excuses from broken laptop, crappy internet, workworkwork and exam repeats!! BUT I am back and hopefully for a more regular occurrence.The last time I wrote the sun was cracking the stones here in Ireland but since the sun has decided that we have had enough sun shine for one summer and has sadly disappeared for another year. So sadly summer is (sniff sniff) coming to an end....  

The last few weeks I have purchased a few buys that I have seen to be staples in many beauty and fashion blogs. My favorite You-tuber and Blogger Zoella has always raved about the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick. So as this summer I have decided to try and wear more lipsticks I picked up two. 


"Every woman needs a man who will ruin their lipstick not their mascara" 


"Heels and red lipstick will put the fear of God into people"




"01"


01 claims to be an 8 hour glossy lipstick whereas the 107 has a velvety matte finish which I personally find lasts longer. The first thing I LOVED about these lipsticks (other than the color) was how they smelled when applying them to my lips. I am defiantly going to be buying more neutral tones to wear everyday. 

 The next couple of things I got which I LOVE LOVE LOVE and cannot stop wearing is the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail paint. Now the only thing I have to say is that the Blue Grape had a really bad smell from it. I didn't notice it the first time I applied it but the second time was not a good time for me...other than that i love them and they are long lasting.







 The next two things where something that I have wanted for aaaaaaages. If you follow any beauty bloggers on you-tuber you will know and have heard many rave on about the real techniques make up brushes. I recently purchased one of the foundation brushes and it is the best brush I have used to apply liquid foundation. It doesn't leave any brush strokes on your face like cheaper brushes do. It is really affordable at 14 in Boots.




And finally my hair life saver. I never thought much about brushing my hair other than I hate it as I have ALOT of hair. I also got my hair ombred recently so the Tangle Teezer help's to deal with my knots ALOT. 



Having used it for over a month I can safely say I am never going back to a normal hair brush or comb again. The closely spaced teeth allow knots to be removed a lot easier. It may be pricey for a 'hair brush' at 15 but in the long run it is worth it! 

NEW HAIR!!


So there is some of my favorite things the last month that I have been loving! 
I have some new ideas for the next few post so I can't wait to get on with doing them!

Hope everyone's having a nice evening wherever you are!
toodles!

x










No comments:

Post a Comment