Wednesday 13 April 2016

Sad isn't it?

7-11-2015

Today is your birthday.

You are eight.

You came into this world in the very early hours of a Wednesday morning in 2007 and I stayed awake because I was so desperate to hear that you made it into the world okay.

The next morning I got to meet you and I could have cried.

All pink with a head full of hair.

And eight years later here you are a little girl with a gapped tooth smile.

You told me you either want to be a Guard or a Beautician when you grow up.

I told you why not do both.

The thing is 'we' don’t get to see you very often. 

In the last 8 years I have never seen you for more than two days in a row.

Sad isn't it?

But it's the norm. 

Which is even sadder. 

We've never seen you on your birthday.

Santa either comes a few days late or a few days early to our house because we never get to see you on the actual day. 

But your happy because you've never known any different in your life.

Sad isn't it?  

No comments:

Post a Comment