Wednesday 30 March 2016

24 things I've learned in my 24 years


24. 
I have been alive for 24 years. 
I was / still am not happy about how OLD I AM. 
But there is literally nothing on this earth that I can do to change it. 

I 'celebrated' my birthday and I use this term loosely because instead I mourned the fact that I had aged a whole year with nothing to really show for it.

I often wonder at what age will I loose the feeling like I am wandering around aimlessly looking for the right answers and the right direction. 
I am classified as a young adult. and I couldn't be further from the truth. 
So instead of me rambling on about how sad I am about the fact that I turned 24.
Here are some things that I have realised in my 24 years on this planet. 

  1. Self respect is extremely important
  2.  Sometimes who you were friends with a year ago,  five years ago,  ten years ago might not be who you are friends with now and it is OKAY. People grow apart.  
  3.  Save some sort of money. even if it's only a tenner once a month. 
  4.  Surround yourself with people of similar interests because if they don't understand you how do you expect to understand yourself?
  5.  If a guy is emotionally, physically or verbally abusive, GET OUT. 
  6.  Don't share everything about yourself on social media. 
  7.  It is okay to still have no idea what you want to do with your life. 
  8.  Travelling is one of the greatest things you will ever get to do. do it more. 
  9.  Take photos often and of the things you love. 
  10.  Do what you love, screw what anyone thinks of you
  11.  staying in doing nothing is the new going out. content AF!
  12.  Not everything is meant to work out. Sometimes things end. 
  13. Your friends don't always have your best interests at heart 
  14. Don't be so hard on yourself. your doing your best.
  15. STOP comparing yourself to other people: everyone is at different stages of their lives. 
  16. Not every action needs a reaction!
  17. Stop planning things around friends, if you want to do something THEN DO IT! 
  18. Don't be afraid to make the first move
  19. Also delete tinder its not good for you. 
  20. Spend time at home, your family is important: don't take it for granted.
  21. Appreciate your parents more: they're not here forever.
  22. Same goes for your grandparents. Put down your phone and spend time with them.
  23.  Make effort with friends who are drifting apart, but also remember it's not all down to you. 
  24. and finally stop taking what you have for granted, others would kill to have what you have. 

                                                                         x 



No comments:

Post a Comment