Tuesday 18 November 2014

Look its my face on a website......

HOW DID I NOT MENTION THIS?



Well better late then never.
But never under estimate the power of social media and a #hashtag . 
I may have only a mere 190 followers ( it tends to fluctuate quite regularly). 
But when I do use social media outlets to promote my posts of my blogs or photo's the hashtags 
#fblogger #bblogger #lblogger #irishblogger 
tend to be splattered all over the place I am sure to the annoyance of anyone having to read it. 

BUT nonetheless that is how you spread the word and last month I was posting more pictures and links and I got contacted by a woman on twitter saying that she was working for Irish website shemazing!

Now I was a little bit sketchy as her twitter account did not seem affiliated with the website but I tweeted her back and said it straight out and she kindly replied through the shemazing! twitter account.

Long story short they do a segment called Beauty Blogger of the Month and every two weeks they feature a beauty blogger. Now I am by now means claiming to be a beauty blogger but I do have an interest in beauty and I wasn't going to pass on an opportunity to showcase off my little blog.  


You can check out the piece here. 

Hashtags may seem like something small but without using them I would not have been able to be featured in the segment. I know this piece is something small and it may not seem like a big deal to a lot of people but it gave me another boost to keep on writing and doing what I love. 

Don't forget the power of a #hashtag


Sinead



  





No comments:

Post a Comment